( List! )
1. This is sort of technical. My DVDs are all bootlegs--is this gonna be an issue for me? Will ripping them go the same and the quality be mostly the same? The tutorials I've read don't really give me any clue on what to expect.
2. Not technical. Can anyone think of episodes where we see Xander working--esp. in season 4? There's Pangs (with the digging), Restless (driving the ice cream truck), and Beer Bad (bartending). But I feel like there should be an episode or two with him in a fast food uniform. Am I imagining that?
3. I'm really curious as to people's process for getting clips. Not the technical part--but what drives which clips you grab? Do you try to stick to a limited amount of source material (ie, do you mine a few episodes or 1 season) or do just grab from the whole enchilada? I realize that a lot of this has to do with the content of the vid--but, assuming the content is neutral, not confined to a certain time period, and you're just looking for fight scenes or eye rolling scenes or something. What's your method? Also, is there some sort of resource for this sort of thing? I feel like I could really use a list of shrug scenes and eyeroll scenes and dancing scenes etc. That would be a long list, I guess.
4. I feel like there was another technical question, but I don't remember it, so I'm just putting this here because my list looked a little anemic.
Okay, you guys, I don't have a twitter account--but I know many of y'all are less curmudgeonly than I am. So, do this! Emmie says to! And it's for Jane. Come on. You love Jane, don't you? How could you not?
If there's one universal truth about the Buffyverse, if there's one rallying cry that unites us, it's our massive love for Jane Espenson. So fandom, it's time to come together and show the love! ♥
How? Easy. If you have a Twitter account, join all her fans in celebrating the amazing and spectacular existence of this woman. Jane loves Twitter and we love her, so here's how to get this party rollin':
- Post tweets about Jane Espenson's superhuman qualities! (Think Chuck Norris. You know how we do what we do. Get it, get it.)
- Remember to use the #JaneBDay hashtag.
- Her name in the Tweet should appear as @JaneEspenson
- Try to avoid starting with @JaneEspenson, or only she or her followers will see it.
Tweet the Jane love. Spread the word. Have a beautiful day.
This is touched on in FFL--"You're a little bit in love with Death... and one of these days, I'm gonna slip in there." And then, of course, he does. He represents peace and death and completion for Buffy, and on a really bad day for her ("You came back wrong")--he slips in there, and gets her to admit that she does desire death.
Funny that, in SR, when he realizes that he did in fact hurt Buffy, as he was sure he'd never really do--funny that he goes and seeks his soul. He finds a way to not hurt her. He finds a way to make sure that it's his death, his destruction--not hers--that will come from it all. He destroys himself because he wants to, and also because he doesn't want to destroy her. <3
Anyway. Beautiful symmetry those two have.
Second thing. I got Final Cut Express today! I'm so excited and terrified. And I'm having a bizarre flood of vid-inspiration (vidspiration?) all circling around They Might Be Giants songs. Weird, huh? Anyway. If anyone knows of some good tutorial sites especially for Final Cut, I would be eternally grateful.
And… I’ve been looking up interviews with her and watching music videos and videos of live performances and looking at pictures of her. I’m, in a word, obsessed.
( We've got obsessions. )
Way back in November, penny_lane_42 made a list of her fiction kinks and squicks. I believe she had gotten the idea from snickfic (whose list is here). And it's been really slow at my job (and on LJ) this week, so I decided to make a list like that for myself. Several items on my list were either inspired by or stolen from my lovely predecessors.
( Long list with less than ideal formatting. )
Because I've now typed the same damn, LONG entry in, only to have half of it deleted when I post it--two times in a row. I meant to copy it into a Word doc the second time, but I forgot.
So, I guess I'll just yak about my rewatching thoughts, even though they're not really cohesive at all. But, seriously, how often are any of my thoughts cohesive? So, I suppose that shouldn't stop me.
( AtS thoughts )
( Buffy, AYW thoughts )
Okay! Hit me! I'm stuck at work with only sporadic work to do. And I've already got a couple of answers in the barrel.
Melissa McCarthy=My new celebrity BFF.
This has been a movie review/public service announcement.
Now, talk to me you guys. I had a somewhat crappy day. I just realized that I'm absurdly broke--like "debit card rejected at Target" broke. And I have to go to Chicago on Thursday. I get paid on Friday, so I'll be fine--but seriously. My debit card was rejected at Target. That hasn't happened since... I don't even know. The nineties, maybe.
Cheer me up. I will strip tease for you if you cheer me up. Yes. I'm that easy.
You should know, everywhere I go
You're always on my mind,
in my heart In my soul
You're the meaning in my life
You're the inspiration
You bring feeling to my life
You're the inspiration
Wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin'
No one needs you more than I need you
( PREPARE TO BE GIFSPAMMED, SUCKERS )
Presently, we're coming up with scenarios that will result in the bf and BO becoming BFFs. So far, I think it will come down to them talking about basketball. Or maybe running into each other in the men's room. I may soon need suggestions for how to charm the pants off Michelle Obama, so she and I can be BFFs too.
Confession: I’m a recovering snob. Music. Movies. Grammar—jeez, grammar. I had to enroll in a 12-step program to recover from my grammar snobbery. But most of all, I am—at my core—a literary snob. I don’t know when it started. Middle school maybe? But for years and years I’ve scoffed at genre fiction, at best sellers, at Oprah’s Book Club labels*. And where I knew it existed, I scoffed at fan fiction. So, I’m here to genuflect before you all. Throw fruit at me—I can take it. I want to be punished for my past snobbery. Because you know that saying I refer to in the title of this post—that a willing convert is more Catholic than the pope? Well. That’s me with fan fiction.
( Warning: I'm feeling overwrought and longwinded today )